See your world through someone else’s eyes.
WorldChicago homestay hosts open their homes to our international adult and youth visitors for short-term homestays ranging from one week to one month. As a homestay host you take on a special role as a cultural ambassador, with a unique opportunity to share our American culture and at the same time learn about another part of the world. Homestay hosts provide a bed and most meals, but more importantly welcome your visitors as members of the family.
Sign-up to host
Why become a host?
● Forge life-long friendships
● Learn about new cultures, new cuisine, and new languages
● Be a tourist in your own town
● Introduce your kids to bright, motivated, curious international “siblings”
● Meet emerging young leaders making an impact in government, civil society, and innovations abroad (over 300 delegates have gone on to serve as heads of state!)
● Contribute directly to strengthening U.S. foreign relations
- March 12–20: Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program with Angola, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, & Zambia
- May 14–22: Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program with Botswana, Ghana, Rwanda, & Tanzania
- July 5–13: London, United Kingdom Youth Dialogue Program
- July TBD: China Starlink-Payton College Prep Global Program
- August 9–22: South Korea-Japan Youth Leadership Program
- August 13–21: Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program (French-speaking)
- May 4–June 1: Tech Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Education Fellowship Program with Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, & Slovenia
- May 4–June 1: Legislative Fellows from Eastern Europe & Eurasia
- May 10–June 1: Legislative Fellows from Pakistan
- June 10–July 1: Community Connections with Belarus
- July TBD: Teachers from Madrid, Spain
- October: Open World Program with Moldova
Meet youth visitors from the United Kingdom and Iraq and hear first-hand about their experiences in Chicago with their host families.
“Working with WorldChicago has changed me and my family in a very positive way by making the world a smaller place.” – Homestay Host